Today, traditional wallpaper and ceramic tiles are increasingly losing their positions in the construction and finishing market. Many current homeowners are increasingly opting for a new liquid decorative coating when renovating. Today we will talk about how to make liquid wallpaper and how to apply them to treated surfaces.
The process of preparing liquid wallpaper
- Pour the dry mixture from the bag into a suitable container.
- Heat the water to 40-50 ° , and add it gradually to the container with the mixture in the required ratio. For a package of cellulose wallpaper, you will need 5.5 - 6 liters , for a package of silk material this figure is slightly lower and amounts to 4.5 - 5 liters. With a lack of water on the wallpaper, gaps may appear in the future. An excessive amount of liquid can lead to poor fixation of the material on the surface.
- Answering the question of how to make liquid wallpaper, it is worth noting the importance of the correct sequence of adding other ingredients of the material. First, add glitter to the diluted substance. Then make a funnel in warm water with your hand and pour the glue from the bag into it. This method of adding glue will prevent the occurrence of unwanted lumps. Do not use a mixer - this is fraught with damage to the fibers of the material.
- Transfer the mass obtained after mixing from the container back to the bag. Tie and leave it for 8 - 12 hours. Many are interested in whether it is necessary to withstand liquid wallpaper for 12 hours. The answer is unequivocal: yes! That is how long it takes the process of obtaining a solution of a certain consistency.
- After the specified time, you can start applying the material.
Master class on applying liquid wallpaper
The adhesive mass obtained as a result of dilution is applied quite simply. The only difficulty is its uniform distribution over the surface. The optimal layer thickness is up to 1.5 mm.
Armed with a plastic trowel with an L-shaped handle, apply the material to the wall and rub it in straight motions. At the same time, hold the grater at an angle of 20 ° relative to the plane being processed.
To better understand how to work with liquid wallpaper, it is worth noting that it is recommended to start applying them from the corner to the right. If the treatment of one room takes more than 1 day, apply the material from corner to corner in order to avoid joints visible in good light on the wall.
Summarizing, we can say that working with liquid wallpaper does not cause any specific difficulties . The main thing is to follow the application instructions .
Stay with the Style company and you will learn not only how to work with liquid wallpaper , but also answers to many other questions regarding this amazing decorative material!