Decorative finishing of the surfaces of the room allows you to create a presentable interior, give it a bright zest. Recently, new, better and more interesting materials have come to replace all the usual paper wallpapers - liquid wallpaper in general and silk plaster in particular. Today we will talk about what silk plaster consists of, what are its main advantages.
What is silk plaster
Liquid wallpaper initially looks like a dry mixture, which must be diluted in a certain proportion with water until the desired consistency is obtained and then applied to the surface with a special grater. Often such a material is called a "textile coating", since silk threads and yarn may be present in its composition.
Silk plaster is a subspecies of liquid wallpaper, which is dominated by artificial silk threads, which are also used in the manufacture of fabrics for tailoring. The coating, already applied to the wall, even looks like a fabric. You can get acquainted with our range of liquid wallpaper in our catalog, more than 200 samples.
The composition of silk plaster
Let's take a look at the composition of this material point by point.
- The foundation. The function of the main filler, as the name implies, is performed by artificial silk, realized in the form of incredibly thin and shiny threads up to 6 mm long. Sometimes silk can be supplemented with cellulose, which is obtained through pulping and subsequent processing of wood.
- Glue. For a bunch of components, CMC glue is used. The substance is effective and at the same time absolutely safe. It is often added to foods as a thickening agent. The adhesive also contains additives that prevent the development of mold and mildew. The undoubted advantage of the product is that it retains its adhesive ability after 1 use, which allows you to restore damaged wallpapers pointwise.
- textile additives. The description of silk wallpapers will be incomplete, if not to mention special additives, the role of which is also played by silk fibers. Distributed over the substance, they give it the necessary tone, form a color pattern. The composition of the material may also include yarn, the very one from which our grandmothers knit such warm, delicate and soft socks. Walls with such a coating also seem very warm and cozy.
- Shine. To give the material shine, fine-grained glitters are used, which, in addition, provide additional toning. In the wallpapers of TM "Style" glitter is available in 5 colors.
Types of silk plaster
Depending on the degree of content of silk threads, the material can be:
- 100% Silk: Contains over 80% silk for a slightly sheen finish.
- Cellulose-silk: contains equal proportions of silk threads and cellulose.
It is worth noting here that all types of silk plaster are of the same quality and differ only in decorative features.
Advantages and disadvantages of silk plaster
This material is a novelty in a niche market. But despite this, it is already in high demand. This demand is due to the excellent decorative and operational characteristics of textile coatings. Consider the main pros and cons of silk wallpaper.
- Absolute security. As you could see earlier, the material consists of completely safe and mostly natural ingredients. The environmental friendliness of silk plaster is beyond doubt. It does not emit any harmful substances into the air and, accordingly, does not pose any threat to either human health or the environment.
- Vapor permeability. Finishing the internal surfaces with non-vapour-permeable materials leads to the creation of the effect of a "thermos". Fortunately, liquid wallpaper does not have this disadvantage.
- Noise and heat insulation. Due to its porous structure, the material practically does not let third-party sounds into the room and provides a comfortable microclimate in it.
- No joints. It is worth noting that for many consumers, this is, first of all, a one-piece coating without unattractive seams and joints.
- Masking surface irregularities. The wallpaper fills all the voids, besides, they are quite embossed. All this allows you to visually hide the flaws of the walls, and therefore it is much easier and easier to prepare surfaces for repair.
- Creation of drawings. With the help of textile coatings, you can “draw” both simple patterns and whole pictures.
- Spot recovery. Silk plaster is a material that lends itself to local restoration. A damaged or soiled area can be easily repaired by pre-wetting it and then smoothing it out.
It should also be noted that silk wallpapers do not absorb odors and tolerate moisture better than other types of textile coverings, which makes them the best solution for the kitchen.
Among the disadvantages of silk plaster, only one can be noted that it cannot be washed. However, the possibility of local repair fully compensates for this disadvantage.
We hope that we have fully and clearly answered the question - what is silk plaster.
Choose silk wallpaper TM "Style" and see for yourself the exceptional decorative value and excellent technical properties of this material.